Ruach Karate online Policy and Safety
At Ruach Karate, we have temporarily moved to online training during this period of lockdown. To do this we are using a product called Zoom for our online classes. We will be using the Ruach Karate account for this, so you do not need to buy anything or create an account.
When we run our online classes, you will be sent a link for that class or you can ask for the link for a specific day to suit your training.
To use the video link in our message to you, just click on it. The browser window will open and the first time you use it, it will ask you to download the software. If you use a Zoom account for another reason, please make sure you log out of that account before your child uses it. This will make sure any settings that you have made in your account do not over-ride any that we have put in place to safeguard you and your family.
When we start the online training, please make sure the computer is in a suitable place, not in a bedroom or bathroom for example and the background is clear, showing just the wall perhaps.
For yours and your family safety we will not record any of our online training, I must ask that you do not record anything either.
You may have read a lot about problems with video calling software. Zoom has improved its security settings recently. Our school account has settings that will limit problems with the following issues that you may have heard about:
· Risk of phishing
· Privacy concerns
· Private zoom meetings
· Inappropriate content
· Data Protection
· Poor privacy controls and security
To protect you and your child further, please:
1.Do not create or use an existing Zoom account for them, this will make sure that your child cannot change any of our settings.
2. We would like parents to be alongside when our call takes place.
3. There should be no inappropriate content on any of our video calls. Please contact the school if you are concerned about any of the content of the video call.
4. Our video link should not be shared with anyone else. The link should only be used for yourself and family members.
- We have not shared your email address with Zoom, the link will always come from Ruach Karate.
If you would like any further information, please getting in touch by email, firstname.lastname@example.org